Saturday, December 10, 2011

Interesting Korean Artist... 우람초

My boyfriend found a link to an artist, 우람초 (U Ram Choe) , who was inspired by a class he took his junior year of college. Basically, he creates living sculptures that move and seem to come alive. I think it's interesting because he has to create their own memory, just like a computer and that he likes them because he describes them like people; that they move, live, and eventually break down and die.
He reminded me a lot of Jean Tingurly, I remember he almost made machines that didn't do anything in particular. I think he was categorized under abstract industrialism.





I believe his work is very, very beautiful and intricately made. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing one of his pieces this winter in a gallery in Korea.


Here's the link to the video:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9qnXhx/www.thecreatorsproject.com/en-uk/creators/u-ram-choe

Also, his English website:

http://www.uram.net/eng/intro_en.html

No comments:

Post a Comment